Welcome to my personal blog, named after my first novel, DUSK BEFORE THE DAWN.
There’s a lot here, as I’ve been writing this blog since June 2006. Below I’ve collected articles into topics below – you can always search or use the topics listed under the title page (which randomly change depending on what’s up).
- Dusk Before the Dawn – my first novel, a finalist for ForeWord Magazine’s Book of the Year award, is available in print and multiple eBook formats. Click on the book cover to the right for more information.
- Software by the Kilo – my second novel, which features two entrepreneurs (one a “hacker”) trying to fund funding and getting mob money they don’t necessarily want. It follows a World War II back story that shows where many of the characters families originated. Click on the book cover to the right for more information.
- Voices in my Head – a memoir of stories written for my mother and father on their 70th and 75th birthdays.
- Grand Canyon – an enhanced eBook for iPad that I wrote and developed, based on rafting trips through the Grand Canyon. It remains the number one rated Grand Canyon app in the Apple App Store. I continue to add to this app while exploring this platform, would appreciate any and all feedback.
- My author page at JoSara MeDia
- Media Sourcery – security software and services firm, where I am CEO
- JoSara MeDia – book, eBook, audiobook and app publishing company run by my wife and I
- My LinkedIn Profile
SFSignal and other Fantasy/Science Fiction topics
I’ve been an SFSignal irregular since December 2007. SFSignal has won two Hugos for Best Fanzine and one for Best Podcast. Here are some of my posts there – there are lots of other book reviews there as well. There are also a few articles below that are posted here exclusively.
- Interview with SF Grand Master James Gunn (posted on SFSignal and picked up by io9)
- The Dragonbone Chair and its place in Fantasy history
- Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series re-read – my in-depth re-read of this trilogy, in advance of the new followup trilogy, The Last King of Osten Ard. Starts with book 1 part 1.
- A Doc Savage Primer
- My Doc Savage Book List
- My John Carter Primer (and video)
- Interview with Andy Weir, author of The Martian
- Hanson’s Half-marathon – a series of 18 week running log of using the Hanson’s method for training for a half marathon (start with week 1)
- San Antonio half-marathon 2014 – current PR run
- TIR – Texas Independence Relay, which I’ve run twice, and inspired the Texas State Historical Association to run as a fund raiser.
World War I and World War II
- Letter from my Grandfather during World War I
- Comparing the Bombing of Bari with Pearl Harbor
- Grand Canyon
- Fort Collins Bicycle Brewery Tour
Green Bay Packers
My wife and I are Green Bay Packers shareholders, and our entire family are rabid fans of the best NFL team
- How I became a Green Bay Packers fan long long ago
- What Bret Favre means to the Packers